New members are always welcome at Hitchin Round Table, we are a relaxed group, please drop into an event to meet us.
- We meet first and third Tuesdays of the month
- There is no obligation to attend all events
- The first 2 events are free for all prospective members – you can work out if its something you’d like to join with no commitment
- Raise money by the Christmas collections with the santa sleigh in Dec (all hands on deck for this one to make sure we get to as many streets in Hitchin as possible)
- Mulled wine stall in the town square at Hitchin one weekend in Dec
- Part of the organising team for Hitchin Beer and Cider festival, and contribute by helping the public choose only the finest beers on offer (as well as setting up and taking down the festival!).
- Membership: Standing order for £30 a month. This can then be adjusted based on how many events you attend – This is called our “Dinner Accounts” (if you attend all events you may need to put more in, but your payment is for your events. Our treasurer will keep you updated).
- Quarterly business meetings – our one mandatory meeting. We need people to attend these, as we need to decide (with a majority vote) where to donate the money, or if we are investing in improvements, etc.
- Yearly AGM, where a new Chairman will be voted in. Chairmen only stand for 1 year, so we have a fresh turnover of new ideas.
We come from many backgrounds and there is never a dull moment. We keep in contact with the past members (you leave Round table on the year of your 45th birthday), and many previous members still join us for the occasional event.
We are a great group of lads, we meet regularly and have a great time and give back to the local community. If this sounds like something you’d like to get involved with, please contact us and come along for a couple of free events: